Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My regular games

I'm still working on developing a regular poker schedule so that I make sure that I'm playing on a consistent basis (both live and online). Right now, there are only 2 games that I play in regularly:

"Liz and Brandon $20 Freezeout" - Wednesday nights. This is a live $20 turbo freezeout with a very steep payout. The EV is probably just barely positive as a result of the structure, but the friendly atmosphere and attractive (albeit taken) female players are more than enough to keep me coming back. The average player in this game is tight-passive.

"Krumbine $100 NLHE" - Thursday nights. This is a live $100 No Limit Hold'em cash game ($.50/$1 blinds). It has a great mix of loose-aggressive and loose-passive players, with the occasional tight-aggressive player thrown in. A great place to practice changing gears.

I'm still trying to determine which online tournaments I'll be playing regularly. My focus will probably be on the PokerStars guaranteed events, but I'll check out the offerings at Ultimate Bet, Full Tilt, Absolute, and Bodog as well.

No comments: