Friday, May 25, 2007

Slow month

For the last week or so, I've been trying to shift my focus from cash game play to tournament play (primarily online), and the transition so far has been a little rough. I've been going deep in MTTs with fields of anywhere from 180 to over 2000 players and buy-ins from $1 to $10, but I haven't had any notable finishes. I play a tight game for the most part, and I think one of the biggest problems is that I'm failing to loosen up at extremely tight tables, which I seem to inevitably find in every tournament about halfway through. These are golden opportunities to stay ahead of the pack, and I need to start taking advantage of them.

To help keep my head above water until my next big (hopefully) score, I've decided to turn to single-table Sit n' Gos. I've had a lot of success with SnGs in the past, and I personally don't know of a safer, more consistent way to build a bankroll from scratch. My approach will differ somewhat from the strategies I've read about at 2+2; rather than playing mass amounts of Turbo SnGs, I will be playing regular SnGs and no more than 2 at a time. My last experiment with the "2+2" Turbo strategy was a complete failure, so until I have a large enough bankroll to go back and figure out what I did wrong, I'm going to stick with what's worked for me.

In order to keep a more tangible record of my progress, I'll update my total online bankroll at the end of each post from here on out (yeah, I think I was supposed to be doing it from day 1, but better late than never):

Total online bankroll = $92.76 (down from my original $200 deposit)

No comments: