Saturday, May 5, 2007

Results Update - May 5, 2007

Wednesday - I made it to heads-up again in Liz and Brandon's $20 Freezeout, this time against Brandon. Same results, however, as I again agreed to a 50/50 chop for a net profit of $80.

Krumbine Thursday - We introduced a round of Seven-card Stud to the mixed-game table, which brought the rotation to 2 rounds of Pot-limit Omaha, 2 rounds of No-limit Texas Hold'em, and 1 round of Seven-card Stud. I finished with $147 net profit over 6 hours of play.

At the stakes that I currently play, ABC Hold'em definitely seems to be the most efficient approach. My style had taken an unmistakable step towards loose-aggressive in recent months (probably because of too much TV), but my rededication to tight-aggressive poker has paid dividends in both tournament and cash game play. I know there are games where a loose-aggressive style wins money, but they don't include the loose-passive games I've typically found at these lower stakes.

Along those same lines, the PLO games that I play in are virtually ante games since NO ONE seems to raise pre-flop, and EVERYONE calls in the rare instance that someone raises. I'm trying to develop better habits by folding more pre-flop and raising more often when I decide to play. At worst, I'll be building bigger pots with my better hands.

As for 7-stud, the thing that I'm focusing on the most is remembering everyone's door cards, even after their hands have been folded. Again, due to the loose nature of the games I play, right now I'm just sitting back and waiting for strong hands/draws. Bluffing with high frequency in these games is definitely a losing proposition.

No comments: