Monday, April 9, 2007

Sleep when I'm dead?

I haven't had much time to post this past week simply because I've been playing so much live poker. It's honestly been a challenge to get more than an hour or two of sleep per night, and my co-workers (the majority of whom are female) can't help but tell me that I look shittier with each passing day. For those of you who know what I normally look like, that's actually saying quite a bit.

In my defense, most of the games that I've been playing in are new to me, and the reason I've been spending so many hours at the tables is that I'm trying to get a feel for which games I like the most so that I can set my schedule accordingly.

This is what I have so far:

Monday - off
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - "Liz and Brandon $20 Freezeout". Co-hosted by Liz. 'Nuff said.
Thursday - "Krumbine Thursday". Since I started hosting this game, the players have slowly added PL Omaha Hi to the mix as well as an occasional second table with blinds doubled to $1/$2. Still my favorite live game, by far.
Friday - "Captain G's $1/$2". This is the mixed format cash game (primarily PL Omaha Hi, PL Omaha Hi/Lo, and NL Hold'em) mentioned in my previous post. Easily the toughest game I play in. They don't always play on Fridays, but that seems to be the most consistent day of the week so far.
Saturday - "JT's Dollar-Dollar". Another mixed format cash game, but this one has $1/$1 blinds and rotates among NL Hold'em, PL Omaha Hi, and 7-Stud. A decent place to hone my all-around game.
Sunday - "AK's Dollar-Dollar". Last night, I played for the first time in another $1/$1 game hosted by one of the regulars from Krumbine Thursday. I had originally planned to take Sundays off, but if I continue to have sessions like I did last night, I'll probably have to reconsider (more on this later).

Missing from this schedule, whether conspicuously or not, is online play. Since last year's passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, it's been more difficult for American players - especially the novice ones - to play online, and even the micro limit cash games are tougher than some of the live games I currently play in. Though I still intend to add online tournaments to my regular schedule, it's probably not a bad idea to focus on these softer live games while building my initial bankroll.

No comments: