Monday, April 9, 2007

Results Update - April 9, 2007

March 2007 was the most profitable month of my fledgling poker career:


My hourly rate at $.25/$.50 was horrible, and it was basically due to a couple of 2-hour sessions on Full Tilt and PokerStars in which I burned through $300 trying to buy every pot whenever I had the button. Good experience, but a costly lesson.

Since I intend to play more $1/$2 games, my goal for April will be to get my overall hourly rate up over $20. Yesterday should go a long way towards reaching that goal. In the Sunday game ("AK's Dollar-Dollar") that I'm considering adding to my schedule, I had a 4.5 hour session during which I managed to squeeze out $530 in net profit ($117.78 hourly rate), most of it from Pot Limit Omaha.

I'm starting to see why people say that PL Omaha Hi is one of the best ways for a good player to extract money from a bad player. It's easy for a novice Omaha player to become married to deceptively vulnerable hands such as big sets and medium flushes; the only thing really left for the good player to do is floor it when he hits the nuts.

How expert Omaha players play each other is something I need to see.

No comments: