Saturday, March 7, 2009

February 2009 Recap

Cash game net profit = -$463.25 (54.17 hours played)
Tournament net profit = -$40.43
Total net profit = -$503.68

The bulk of my losses came from a $2/$5 NLHE cash game session I played at Harrah's in Atlantic City. All of the $1/$2 tables were full, so I agreed to sit $2/$5 since I was playing with vacation money. Not a smart decision from a pure bankroll perspective, but the experience was worth the money and then some.

System Check (monthly character assessment on a scale of 1 to 10):

Present-mindedness: 9 (no change)
I'm reluctant to give myself a 10 in this category simply because I believe that there is almost always room for improvement. That said, I actually find it a little ridiculous how quickly I can shut out all thoughts about the past and future in order to focus on the moment at hand.


Awareness: 7 (no change)
I'm not forcing the issue as often as I used to, and I think letting the game come to me has really eliminated some major distractions. This has allowed me to be more perceptive of each situation as a whole rather than just bits and pieces here and there.

Physical fitness
: 5 (no change)
I'll need to develop a more consistent routine before I can even consider scoring myself any higher.

No comments: