Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Online Plan of Attack

Due primarily to selling off much of my money to friends who are trying to get started in online poker, my total online bankroll is down to $126.13. After doing the math, had I not agreed to these transfers, my bankroll would be up to around $800. I certainly don't mind helping friends out, but I've got to keep myself from transferring so much that it inhibits my ability to move up in stakes. $20 here and there adds up pretty quickly.

In addition to becoming more disciplined about keeping my money in my accounts, I've also decided to include cash games in the mix, with emphasis on the 6-handed NLHE tables on Bodog. I haven't set up a precise schedule just yet, but I'll probably end up alternating cash game days with tournament days. Additionally, my tournament days will probably be focused on the $1 + $.20 SnGs on PokerStars. I've read that some of the best SnG players play thousands of SnGs at each level before moving up; I've decided to do the same, if for no other reason than to prove that I have the patience to move up slowly. For the time being, I think I'll take a little break from MTTs to try to grind out some consistent income from SnGs and cash games.


No comments: